Newly-appointed Prime Minister Ion Chicu introduced the government program and priorities.
Chicu promised to continue justice reform and return to social programs that were implemented until June 2019, unimedia.info reports.
Among the immediate actions to be taken by the new government are:
– Development and promotion of a package of fiscal measures and annual budget laws;
– The concept of reform readjusting of the Supreme Court and an extraordinary assessment of judges and prosecutors “in strict accordance with the recommendations of the Venice Commission”;
– Prosecutor General appointment.
Other priority issues on the agenda:
– Reform of justice. “I will consider the progress in justice reform or its absence as the main criterion for assessing the activities of this government and mine personally,” Chicu says.
– Foreign policy: “We will respect our obligations to the European Union; comply with the EU Association Agreement and documents signed within the framework of the Commonwealth of Independent States.”
– Social sphere: “I personally consider social programs that were implemented until June 2019 good and effective which realization of which was stopped due to various reasons. We will take the initiative to resume these projects,” Chicu says.
– Budget: “We need a stable budget, opportunities to do business; predictable policies and an honest dialogue with business are the cornerstones of this issue.”
– Infrastructure: “Next year we intend to literally turn the country into a construction site, I mean road infrastructure.” Chicu noted that next year, 300 million Euros will be invested in infrastructure. ”
“Reducing the share of the shadow economy will increase budget revenues,” Chicu said.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.